Repurpose your Purpose is for you if you have been working for a while either as an employee or a business owner and you feel stuck: I help people who don’t know what to do next professionally find a new career they love.
Repurpose your Purpose is for you if:
- You feel like a jack of all trades and master of none – and you have no idea what to pursue professionally
- You feel confident you could get any job…if you only knew what you wanted
- You want to do something bigger with your life – but you are not sure what and are too scared to move forward
- You want to contribute, help people, do something meaningful, but you don’t know what – everything you can think of doesn’t pay!
- You feel insecure, and unsure what to do, after getting out of a toxic workplace environment. Your confidence took a serious hit.
- You feel stuck and are afraid you will be stuck forever, forgetting who you are and what you are capable of doing.
- Every job you look at seems out of your reach – you are either over qualified or under qualified.
- You would like to find a career you love you could grow into
- You feel too old to change career, and yet you cannot bear continuing on the same path.
- You have always worked in the same field, and you have no idea what else is out there.
- You loved your job and got really good at it, but now you feel bored, and the excitement is gone.
- You never felt good about anything you’ve done professionally…if you just didn’t have to make money!
- You were happy to work 50+ hours a week before having a family, but now work life balance is your priority and your current job is running you to the ground
- You have a longing to work for yourself but have no idea what to do.
I have been there. I felt useless, not good enough, unsure about the future. And I have been broke as well trying to follow my passions. But I was also able to turn things around, tapping into my natural talents and hard-learned skills to move into a different career and substantially increase my income. The bad news is that it’s a process that takes time; the good news is that there is a framework you can use over and over again in your life to move from being stuck to growing. And then thrive.
Repurpose your Purpose helps you use what you already know to do something new.
The reality is that more and more of us will have to change careers during our lifetime. Technology is disrupting every industry and job, and no one is immune from it. There is already a robot lawyer, artists have seen their income plummet, and had to rethink their entire business model to be financially successful. On top of that, in the United States the cost of higher education makes going back to school a choice fraught with dangers (aka high student debt). Even if you don’t see your earning potential drop, the arrival of new technology in your chosen profession might render your job so unlike what you used to love to prompt you to explore an alternative path. Add work trends such as the lack of job security, and freelancing – it is estimated 50% of the US workforce will freelance in some capacity by 2020 – and the need to take charge of our future is unmistakable.
What I have learned working in different industries is that some of us crave a work life that makes us feel proud of what we are doing, and happy to contribute to our communities, some more than others. If you want a clear idea of what to do next professionally, Repurpose your Purpose is for you.
As times are changing, another approach to work is possible. I found it during many years of struggle, incorporating my deep and practical knowledge of marketing with psychological and spiritual principles. Once you shift the way you see yourself and approach your work, you will be able to ride the waves of change rather than merely catching your breath in between.
Repurpose your Purpose is the knowledge, training, and community I wish I had when I felt confused about my professional future. Here’s what some of the people who worked with me to find their new vocation said about the process:
Before Aurora’s workshop I felt unsure about what I could do for a living. I felt quite discouraged. Aurora created a safe space for all of us in the group to share our concerns, receive coaching and learn a a lot about ourselves. Now I can see the road ahead. Anibel S.
This workshop is exactly what I was looking for when I felt stalled in my career. It helped me pinpoint my strengths, define a fulfilling job based on my interests and match these up to a marketable position. Lisa P.
One of the most important things for me has always been family, and after years of raising my children, I am finally ready to focus on my career again. However I felt somewhat discouraged and overwhelmed by the whole process. Working with Aurora has made a big difference: I regained my confidence and sense of direction. And I saw for myself that I can go after much bigger opportunities. Now I am researching leadership positions at organizations that match my values, and I am looking forward to my career transition. Lori K.
Aurora has a unique and creative way of thinking about job hunting. Instead of following the trends, doing what everyone else is doing or pursuing the same shiny opportunities that everyone else wants, Aurora does the opposite. She has learned to identify holes in organizations or needs that are in high demand, and coaches others to do the same. She personalizes her approach and really spends the time getting real with herself and others about what unique skills they have to offer, and then sets out to find the organization that will most appreciate and value those unique abilities which helps ensure a good mutual fit. Michelle L.
Aurora listened to me, listened for what was most important and meaningful to me about my work, and asked excellent questions. I hired her to help me grow my business as a Social Architect, and later to compose a resume for an Organizational Development position at a prestigious company. I now have a resume that a) I am very proud of and b) I would never have written myself. I say that not because she exaggerated my experience but rather she helped me to take ownership of, and value, my accomplishments. In the end I have a document that I proudly distribute because it is an authentic reflection of who I am. I continue to work with her on growing my business and clarifying my message and feel completely empowered and excited by the process. Her depth of character is matched only by her depth of knowledge and experience. The fact that she is delightful and funny certainly completes the package. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to bring their business offerings to the world in an authentic, compelling and succinct way and in a way where you are attracting the people who you want to work with. Norah E.