***For the online course, see here.***
“But I am not sure what I want to do next…”
You are in the right place. My work focuses on helping people who are not sure what they want to do next find clarity and change careers.
Here’s what you might be experiencing:
- You have a track record of achievements and to outsiders your life and career look successful. Inside, though, you feel your career is not working for you, and that you could do so much more…if only you knew what you wanted.
- You have been stuck for a few months or years in a job (or a series of jobs) that were soul crushing: boring, underchallenging work that leaves you drained of energy and enthusiasm. Deep down you want to scream! But it’s hard to believe there is something better out there, after so much disappointment.
- Maybe you used to love your work – and then something changed. Maybe you got a new job, were laid off, or your profession changed. Whatever the cause, what used to be a source of happiness is now a drag – and you have no idea what to do next
- You never experienced excitement around work – but always desired to. You have a feeling this might be as much an inner as an outer problem.
- You might have experienced a life altering event, such as the birth of a baby, or moving to another country, or having to take care of an older parent, and now you need to find a new career – the old one does not support your current life goals.
- Or you might be successful, happy and have already achieved a lot – but know that there is so much more you would like to accomplish. You are ready to explore what you always considered impossible…what if it isn’t? What if you could reach higher, build a legacy, or do something else completely? The sky is the limit.
Take a moment to answer these questions:
- What career would you pursue if you valued your strengths and accomplishments?
- What would you do differently if you truly believed yourself capable of achieving career happiness?
- What life would YOU live if you felt confident you could achieve it?
This is my life now: I work with people and organizations I like and support, get energy from my work (instead of feeling drained), I am contributing to something bigger than myself, and I love what I do.
How did I get here?
Let me first tell you what did NOT work:
- Reading a ton of self development books – and “feeling” better (but not taking action)
- Answering questions in many a workbook about my “passions,” money history, negative beliefs, and more – hoping to get unstuck
- Taking tests to figure out my personality type in order to choose a career
- Waking up every morning thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to me if I ran out of money
- Visualizing having a million dollars (!!!)
- Trying to figure it all out in my head before actually living it
- Telling myself that I will fix my career after I make more money, clean up my bedroom, learn one more thing…you get the picture.
Getting stuck can and does happen to everyone. The only difference is whether you decide to put serious effort to grow beyond it. Most people don’t.
What got me unstuck was working on my “inside” as much as on my outside situation. It took me a long time to find the right approach and longer to refine it, so I could teach it. And then I created a program to share it with other committed career changers who are ready to Repurpose their Purpose.
Repurpose Your Purpose – The Course
Repurpose Your Purpose is an experiential framework designed to help people who don’t know what to do next professionally find a career they love. It is a framework because it operates at the intersection of inner transformation and outer action. It is flexible enough to be used by career changers in a variety of fields, and can be applied over and over again as needed. And it is experiential because you cannot get it just by reading about it in a book. You have to live it. You need to show up, feel the fear, be vulnerable, share your vision, and take action.
Working through your own career inquiry with others over several weeks is an opportunity to experience deep, transformative insights about yourself and your relationship with others. Hearing other people’s stories, and being really heard when you share yours is one of the most powerful things I have ever experienced – it changed my life. That’s why it is central to Repurpose Your Purpose’s course.
The Course starts on Monday February 25th
There will be an online LIVE course and one IN-PERSON course in Los Angeles at The 5443 (Pico and Hauser). Find the details for the IN-PERSON course below and click here for the ONLINE course. To join either the online or the in-person course, schedule a call to apply here. Make sure to specify which course you are applying to, online or in person.
- PART ONE: Monday February 25, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- PART TWO: Monday March 4, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- PART THREE: Monday March 11, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- SPECIAL SESSION (Linkedin for Career Changers): Monday March 18, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- SPECIAL SESSION (Personal Branding for Career Changers): Monday March 25, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- PART FOUR: Saturday April 6, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at Yoga Shala West
- PART FIVE: Monday April 15, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- CELEBRATION: Monday April 29, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at The 5443
Repurpose your Purpose is unique: it is an experiential framework that focuses on inner transformation and outer connection.
During a two-month period we will work on uncovering what you want to do next in your career.
Join me on a learning + coaching + community building journey to transformation.
At the end of this course you will:
- FEEL confident again about your natural talent and learned skills
- LEARN a framework to get unstuck and that you can use over and over again in your life
- EXPERIENCE more clarity and peace of mind around your purpose and next professional steps
- RECONNECT with your values
- EXPLORE whether to be a freelancer, employee, or business owner
- KNOW what next steps to take to research possible careers
- CONNECT with other awesome people and become part of a new transformational community
- DISCOVER how to position yourself as a career changer
- APPLY personal branding to tell your story
- CREATE your own roadmap / strategy for how to successfully change careers
Please note that some of the material covered will naturally emerge from the needs of the participants.
DAY ONE – Monday February 25, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- Check in and introductions
- My journey and what to expect from this course + My Philosophy of Service
- Why “Just Follow Your Passion” is complete BS, but we’ll go for “Follow Your Bliss”
- Your Work History
- Unpacking your history
- The Body AND the Mind – How to Listen to Your Own Guidance
Main Take-Away: How to reconnect with your own knowledge and intuition.
DAY TWO – Monday March 4 , 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- Arrive and get comfy!
- Unpacking your homework
- Why we are blind to our greatest gifts
- A Theory of You – How to access your deepest calling and wisdom
- Approaching Changing Careers as a Process
Main Take-Away: How to turn commonly-considered career disadvantages into superpowers
DAY THREE – Monday March 11, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
- From inside out
- Research, research, research
- Informational interviews
- Don’t believe everything you tell yourself
- Letting go
- Personal branding as a Career Changer
- Your Career Recipe
Main Take-Away: How to research a possible profession or business idea before going for it. Hint: it’s not just about what you do…
SPECIAL SESSION (Linkedin for Career Changers): Monday March 18, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
This is the first of two special evenings dedicated to marketing and storytelling for Career Changers.
- Why everyone should have a Linkedin profile
- What you can do on Linkedin
- How to build an effective profile even though you don’t know what you want to do next
- How to use Linkedin for informational interviews and networking
- How to build your brand on Linkedin
- Advanced Linkedin skills and Q&A
Main Take-Away: Learn how to use LinkedIn to build your personal brand.
SPECIAL SESSION (Personal Branding for Career Changers): Monday March 25, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
This is the second of two special evenings dedicated to marketing and storytelling for Career Changers. We will delve into using storytelling and marketing as tools of self-expression (instead of tools of manipulation). You’ll get to work on your own story – and by the end of this session you will have your pitch ready to go!
- The basics of Marketing and Storytelling – the kind that’s not manipulative and sleazy
- How to overcome your resistance and dislike for telling your story
- Reclaim your skills, talents and accomplishments
- Own of your narrative
- Tell Your Story
Main Take-Away: Overcome your fear of marketing and learn how to tell your story as someone who is changing careers.
PART FOUR: Saturday April 6, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at Yoga Shala West
**Please note this session is scheduled for a Saturday morning and at a different location.**
- This is the first of the last two sessions – when we bring it all together while also moving to a higher and deeper level of transformation.
- Tune more deeply into yourself and what you want.
- I will guide you through visualizations, circle discussions and exercises in order to (re)connect with your purpose
Main Take-Away: I can’t explain this one! You will have to come and see …
PART FIVE: Monday April 15, 7 to 10 pm at The 5443
The final session that brings it all together. Be present to your journey and that of fellow participants and leave with a plan of action to change careers.
Main Take-Away: Know what to do next to achieve your goals. The best part? You will be able to create that roadmap yourself.
CELEBRATION: Monday April 29, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at The 5443
A final evening to celebrate what you discovered, share where you are going, and be present to each other’s accomplishments and potential. You are welcome to invite guests to cheer you on!
READY TO JOIN? Apply by scheduling a call to make sure the program is a good fit for where you are in your career journey. You can request a call here.
BONUS: During the course, and until one month after graduation, you can also schedule individual one on one coaching sessions with me for a reduced rate – this option is only available to course participants!
COST: 3 payments of $265 each or $715 when paid in full (save $80).
People love taking this course with a friend or partner! Register together and save 15% each.
- Is there a minimum age requirement to participate?You have to be 18 years of age or older. Bear in mind this program is geared towards those who have already been in the workforce for a few years.
- Can I attend if I already know what I want to do next, and only need to figure out a strategy to get there? No. This workshop is specifically designed for people who are not sure what they want to do. We will focus on exploring your needs, wants, and beliefs that might be holding you back. If you already know what you want, get in touch for a free consultation, we can chat about one-on-one coaching.
- Who should NOT attend the program? If you are experiencing depression or feeling suicidal, please contact a mental health professional to receive proper care. This program would not provide the help you need.
- Do I have to attend all the sessions? You don’t have to, but I highly recommend it. There are no make up days and no recordings. What sets this course apart is not just the curriculum, but also the group discussion and coaching portion of each session.
- How many people will be attending the course? No less than six and no more than 20 participants are admitted to each in-person cohort.
- Where will the meetings take place? We will meet at two different locations. All Monday evening sessions will take place at The 5443 and on Saturday April 6 we will meet at Yoga Shala West. The 5443 is located at 5443 W Pico Blvd, LA 90019. The Yoga Shala is located at 11271 National Blvd, Suite B, Los Angeles, CA, 90064 – entrance through parking lot off Sawtelle Blvd. ***Please note that we will be sitting on pillows and mats and wearing no shoes at Yoga Shala West. If you need to sit on a chair or have other physical conditions that require a different accommodation, please let me know and we’ll figure it out 🙂
- What are my parking options? There are a few complimentary parking spots at The 5443, available on a first come, first served basis. There is also street parking – metered (but only until 8 pm) and free. Please make sure to read all signs to avoid permit areas. At Yoga Shala West there is a free parking lot as well as street parking around.
- What can/should I bring with me? All sessions except April 6: bring a notebook or laptop to journal and take notes at all sessions. I recommend bringing your laptop to the special session on March 18. Also, feel free to bring anything you would want to eat or drink (as long as non-alcoholic) at The 5443. I will also have a few snacks for the group. You can eat during our meetings, as long as you can stay focused and participate 🙂 April 6: No food or drink are allowed in the actual meeting room at Yoga Shala West, so on April 6th there will be no snacks and you will only be allowed to have snacks or drinks outside in the lobby. Also, no laptops are allowed at the Yoga Shala. The intention is to be fully present. I recommend you bring a notebook to take notes.
- How can I contact you if I have any questions? Please use the application form to ask any further questions you have
- Is my registration fee transferable? If you want to transfer your registration to a friend, just let me know by email. They will have to schedule a call to make sure the program is a good fit for their needs.
- I would like to purchase this course as a gift for a friend. That’s awesome! And you wouldn’t be the first – people have done so in the past. I can issue a gift certificate to give to your friend ♥ They will have to still schedule a call with me to formally apply – this is to make sure they feel comfortable joining the group and that they are at the right stage in their career journey to benefit from participating.
- Can you guarantee that I will have a new job/career by the end of the course? No. I can only promise you I will teach a framework, and guide you through activities designed to shift your inner and outer game so you can move into a career you love. What you do with the information is up to you!
If you sign up and realize you cannot make it, you can request a refund on or before February 1st. If you attend ALL sessions and do not find them helpful, I will issue a refund, no questions asked. You have to submit your request by email no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Tuesday April 16. No refunds will be issued for no shows.